Thursday, October 6, 2011

Hello 30 Nice to Meet you.....I'm DeAndrea

So 30 is finally here, and after a week full of various thoughts about what 30 would look like, I actually entered it very prayerful and grateful for yet another year. The thing about it is, it really wasn't very hard to get to 30....I obeyed my parents, took decent care of myself, and have a genuine care for people and hate to see anyone hurt. I maintained friendships and had no problems making new friends. I can not lie about having an amazing life and for that I am grateful. Thank you to EVERYONE who read/reads my blog.....and Thank you for counting down with me. I never expected so many people to respond and for people to think I was good at this, it has been amazing and catharic. The next blog will be just an amazing so stay tuned!!!!!!

Over the past few months, I pondered what my birthday blog would look like. I have journaled about it and thought about it for awhile and I wanted this blog to be thoughtful and respect my new decade....so without all of the pomp and circumstance, I decided to write a letter, not just any letter, but a letter from the 30 year old DeAndrea to the 20 year old DeAndrea.....believe me, a lot has changed!

Dear DeAndrea

I admire your hope, your ability to see through the bull and smile all of the time. Your skin is amazing and you have a great ability to impact people around you which is good. Although you cant stop time there are a few things that you must know to be true. Life comes at you fast so you have to slow down and embrace some very important things and people. Embrace your cousin Ryan.....he's creative and awesome and loves you so much, embrace him and he is going to teach you to DJ, you will love that. Accept your cousin Putt....he is, what he is, dont try to change it. I know that you are in Terre Haute for the most part, but take your Grandfather out to lunch or something when you come home, he adores you and sometimes get lost in the shuffle of your busy family (take Uncle Peter with you)

Eventually, your metabolism will catch up with you.....so always remember the importance of a great workout. Keep the friends that you have now because when everything gets hectic, they will be the people who understand your the most....be grateful. You won't worry so much about what people think in upcoming years, you just won't have time to focus on that and for that, you will be a better person.

Understand that God is omnipotent.....don't be afraid to go to him in prayer, continue to chase him because he will continue to provide everything that you need. Give back to your community....someone helped you....you have to help someone else, that is how life continues. Also, stand for something, volunteer for campaigns, don't be so shy with your charisma.....eventually, people will appreciate everything that you have to offer. You probably wont move to NYC.....but you will eventually get an awesome place downtown and have a blast with someone really special.

Take things more seriously....people will disappoint you, and you have to learn that everything doesn't warrant tears....gain strength from every situation......DONT CRY-it's all good!


Although you're not focused on this now, you will eventually get married, he will be awesome, but date a few more years until you find out that he is the one! Be careful, you're too trusting and there are some crazies out there!

Lastly, of all things I've said, don't loose your eternal hope, hope in people, in life and hope in yourself! Your optimism is contagious and eventually someone will make you jaded! Like your Grandmother said, "Right is right and Right Don't Wrong Nobody." Always Do the Right thing.....it won't always be popular, but it will be good, and various blessings flow from that. 

Take care of yourself, smile, and enjoy these years....they go fast, don't spend so much time worried about tomorrow that you find yourself not living for today.

You're an amazing chic....growing into an amazing woman! I'm so proud.....now go conquer the world!

Love,

Your 30 year old self!

DeAndrea

No comments:

Post a Comment